Community Agreement / Usage Policy
Peoria.com is a local gathering place for neighbors in the Peoria, IL area.
If you follow the goal of "Keeping Peoria.com Friendly," you should have no problem fitting in the with Peoria.com crowd!
Keep Peoria.com Friendly, Safe and Welcoming:
A Couple Guidelines:
- A thick skin is required to participate.
- No insults, name calling, or inflammatory comments intended to start a fight. Refrain from posting personal attacks or grievances publicly. Avoid broad negative generalizations about other Peoria.com members.
- If many people might interpret a message or picture as racist, bigoted or sexist, please refrain from posting it.
- Don't pretend to be someone else, or post under several usernames.
- Privacy / Anonymity: Do not post personal information (real name, address, work place, physical description, email address, family status, etc.) that would betray the anonymity of another member without permission, either publicly or in private messages. We can only enforce your anonymity/privacy if you are careful about giving out your information publicly. If you think someone has violated your privacy / anonymity, please contact an Admin ASAP.
- No "stalking behavior," including: following a member from one discussion thread to another while criticizing him/her; following someone into another thread and trying to continue a disagreement that began elsewhere; disparaging an individual in a thread where that person is not participating.
- Debate can be lively, but should remain civil and respectful, especially when it comes to sensitive topics like religion, politics, sexuality, and race.
- Keep the forums clean: messages that are too crude may get deleted. Don't post sexually explicit or violent pictures.
- No business solicitations, advertisements or spam on the forums, please.
- Please follow our strict photo guidelines when posting photos to the forums, including profile pictures.
- "Keep Peoria.com Friendly" applies to all participation on the site, including private messages.
Moderators have the final word on forum decisions. Any message that we feel doesn't keep the Peoria.com forums friendly
and inviting for others, may be removed or locked by moderators.
We are willing to discuss disputes in a calm manner, but
publicly attacking a moderator, or intentionally undermining a moderator's actions, will get your account locked.
Rules? What About Free Speech?
"But So-and-So Was Doing The Same Thing!"
Controversial Discussions Icon
« Back to the Peoria.com Message Boards